Author | Coach | Trainer | Speaker | CEO Assistant
More About Linda:
- Executive Assistant to CEO, Sophos and 20+ years in Silicon Valley supporting over a dozen CEOs spanning the medical, energy, and high-technology industries.
- A performance-driven strategic thinker and intuitive problem solver.
- Founder and active member of the Silicon Valley Catalysts Association (SVCA), a group for CEO Assistants in Silicon Valley (1995-Present).
- Advisory Board member (2015-2016) for AdminAwards an organization that is the first and only awards program of its kind in the country that publicly recognizes the invaluable contributions of administrative professionals (adminawards.com).
- Along with a team of CEO Assistants and UCSC Extension of Silicon Valley, Linda helped develop the first certificate program for administrative professionals and was an advisory board member, master instructor, and guest lecturer between 2005-2010.
- With her sense of adventure, Linda McFarland and Joanne Linden co-authored the book, Sitting on a File Cabinet, Naked, with a Gun: True Stories of Silicon Valley CEO Assistants.
- In 2012, launched Ascend2Success (ascend2success.com) to help administrative professionals maximize their potential through coaching, training, and speaking.
- Develops, educates, coaches, trains administrative professionals, creates workshops and webinars that inspire and empower
- In-demand guest speaker at corporate events and conferences including: International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP), Administrative Professionals Conference (APC), Office Dynamics (certified trainer), MPI event planner conference, Microsoft Annual Global Administrative Conference, Cisco, Synopsys, Milestone, Xilinx, Agilent, Intuit, Roche, Shutterfly, Symantec, Juniper, Good Samaritan Hospital, Silicon Valley Bank, and more.
- Certified trainer for Office Dynamics – Star Achievement Series®
- In 2009-2011, co-founded PlanetAdmin, a training company for administrative professionals.
- Married, four children, six grandchildren.